Friday, April 3, 2009

Dear....

Dear Denver,
I came to you on a plane, expecting to feel at home right away...and I was right. The sunset in combination with the mountains welcomed me with open arms. The familiarity of the airport reminded me of the time when I was a kamper...heading to Kanakuk Colorado...

Dear Denver,
I went to the University of Denver today, to attend the School of Social Work program geared toward admitted students. I thought I would know the minute I walked onto the campus, which University I was supposed to choose. I was wrong. I was intimidated, fearful, and torn.

Dear Waco,
You have become home. How do I say no to home? How do I say no to people who have become my family? This decision has become a lot harder than I thought...

Dear Denver,
During the program, a panel of current students were talking. I asked them, "Why DU?" Their answers brought peace. When I took the tour of the building, their focus of clinical social work seemed to match my interests exactly...this too brought peace. Is this the place I am supposed to be?

Dear God,
I need You...I need clarity......

No comments: