Monday, December 29, 2008

heavenly creature V hellish creature

It is amazing how much a difference it makes when you choose to be nice.
I feel like it has become a habit for me to complain or be short with people lately.
But when you choose to respond in a loving way, people generally repond in a loving way too.

"...everytime you make a choice you are turning the central part of you, the part of you what chooses, into something a little different from what it was before....all your life long you are slowly turning this central thing either into a heavenly creature or into a hellish creature...each of us at each moment is progressing to the one state or the other..." C.S. Lewis Mere Christianity

Mere Christianity was an assigned text for my Philosophy class. Great course; great book. Anyway, whenever I first read that passage, I thought, well crap....If each choice you make leads you to the person you are going to become, I am not becoming a very great person. My choices lately have not been the best. My thoughts and behavior towards others need to change. I have lost my positivity and my carefree love towards others. I must take a step in the right direction and start being the person I want to become.

"Always love, hate will get you everytime..." -Nada Surf

No comments: